A Google business listing is a hub that connects potential customers with the business by sharing the contact info of the business. It basically is the same as adding your newly opened restaurant to Google maps so people can find their way to the location.
There are numerous advantages of doing so such as highlighting your business, engaging with customers but let’s talk about something more important and fundamental.
Let’s talk about how to set up a google business listing which is also officially known as a ‘Business profile’. It is a free and very easy tool to use for your business’s online presence. Here are some easy steps which you can follow to successfully list your business on Google.
- Go ahead and sign in at Google My Business or create one if you wish to keep your business account separate.
- Once you are logged in at Google My Business, you will see ‘Add your Business to Google’ in blue font, click on that.
- Once you click on that, it will require you to put in the name of your business. It doesn’t have to unique, but you would want to make it a little different, so customers are not confused.
- After entering the name, you will need to choose the category for your business for example clothing if you are selling t-shirts.
- After that, google will ask you if you want to add the location of the business. You should do it if you are in the tertiary industry, so that it is easier for customers to locate you, otherwise it is not important. If you choose yes, it will ask for the address and the zip code. If you choose no, it will simply skip it and will move on to the next step.
- Following the location of the business, you will now need to enter where you are generally based. This is an optional question, but you are advised to fill in to avoid any inconvenience to the customer.
- Lastly, enter a phone number or website URL for your business, and click Finish. You are required to enter either a phone number or a website link so Google can verify you. If you don’t have a website, you can select that option, or if you want Google can make and update your website automatically with the info provided in the listing at no cost. After the verification procedure is complete, your business will be eligible to appear on Google searches.
Google business listing is an excellent tool that offers a lot for nothing. You just need to regularly update your information and Google will do the rest of the trick. This can attract customers by giving them convenience. This will also give them a sense of reliability by the online presence which will generally benefit the business image.